Sunday, June 16, 2013

Swatch and Review - OPI Smok'n In Havana



Happy Sunday! Today I'll be showing you an older OPI polish in my collection, Smok'n In Havana. After reading other blogs about this polish (credit to "The Daily Varnish), it originally came out in the 1996 Caribbean Collection. I don't think the polish I have is from 1996 because considering the bottle I have has a green label, which only newer bottles have, I think my bottle of Smok'n in Havana is a re-release of the discontinued polish. Smok'n in Havana is a medium-dark red polish with a strong gold shimmer. It's very pretty, kind of reminds me of red velvet when it's dry. This is also going to be my first post showing my nails, the previous posts have been my mom's nails, so, enjoy!

Natural sunlight

Indoors with a artificial lighting

Indoors with artificial lighting


Natural sunlight

What I used:

Base Coat: 1 coat of Pro-FX Epoxy Bond Base Coat (review coming soon)
Polish: 2 coats of OPI Smok'n In Havana
Top Coat: 1 coat of OPI RapiDry Top Coat

This polish is very pretty, but I do have to comment on the wear time. I'm not sure if it was the polish itself, or something that I did during application, but it chipped within 24 hours of application. Usually, polish will last anywhere from 3 days (72 hours) to 6 days, without chipping and little tipwear. Some polishes may last even longer than that, but I usually change my polish anyways because of new nail growth. This polish chipped and showed tipwear soon after application. That's just something to keep in mind if you are looking for a long-wearing red polish.


He's back! For your information, he is under his favourite blanket, for some reason, he really likes to sleep under the covers! Smile! More eye candy coming soon!

Mostin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to comment. Provide me with your thoughts, questions, and requests. Give me feedback! I would love to hear from you!