Saturday, June 22, 2013

Nail Art - Multi Coloured Polka Dot Manicure

Hello! I wanted to share with you another nail art post.... polka dots! I think this manicure is so fun and versatile, you could have multi coloured dots on a colourful background for a fun, easy-going look like I had, or gold dots on a neutral beige base for a more simple, elegant, office appropriate look. So versatile, you could easily change and switch the colours for your preferences and create a totally different style. I do have to give credit for MissJenFABULOUS on YouTube, she has a tutorial on her called "Cute and Easy Polka Dot Manicures". I used her third design in the video,  I've also done her second design, I will also post that in the near future. 

I created this design starting with Essie Fiji as my base. Then, I used Essie Fifth Avenue, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lickety-Split Lime, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue-Away, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pronto Purple, and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Terracotta. After placing my dots how MissJenFABULOUS showed, I decided I wanted a little bling, so I added OPI Which is Witch on two or three of the dots on each nail. The extra sparkle really pulled the manicure together and gave it more of a nail applique (a.k.a nail sticker) look. Awesome! Let's get on with the manicure...




Left to Right: OPI Which is Witch, Essie Fiji (Base), Essie Fifth Avenue, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lickety-Split Lime, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue-Away, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Pronto Purple, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Terracotta


What I used:

Base Coat: 1 coat of Pro FX Epoxy Bond Base Coat
Polish: 2 coats of Essie Fiji as base, 1 coat each of polishes used for polka dots
Top Coat: 1 coat of INM Out the Door Dry Fast Top Coat

I think this design is perfect for summer, but you can easily switch the colours I used for this design for darker colours during the autumn and winter. Thank you for reading and have a great day!

Mostin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to comment. Provide me with your thoughts, questions, and requests. Give me feedback! I would love to hear from you!